Latse has a unique collection of resources comprised of print and digital materials, multimedia, and other holdings drawn from sources worldwide. Our holdings include over 7,000 several thousand journals, newspapers, and magazines, as well as a unique collection of non-print materials.
RARE BOOKS & RESOURCES
PECHA & RELIGIOUS STUDIES
The library has a special collection of pecha, traditionally formatted Tibetan books, along with Western-format religious texts and recent scholarly works on the subject of religion. Notable holdings include:
- Pecha of woodblock prints, including rare texts from monasteries in Amdo;
- Religious histories, monastic histories, and biographies;
- Sungbum (གསུང་འབུམ།) / collected works;
- The Derge edition of the Kangyur and Tengyur and the Comparative Edition of the Kangyur and Tengyur.
The library’s periodicals collection comprises a wide and unique variety of publications. Our holdings of over 200 different titles from around the world feature:
- Research, literary, folk art, and cultural journals;
- Zines and journals produced by monasteries, student groups, and private individuals;
- Rare Tibetan-language journals
- Pictorials published during the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.